Coronavirus – Two new deaths from coronavirus have been reported in our region today, one in the Var and the other in the Alpes Maritimes.
The total number of lives claimed by the virus in both regions stands at, to date 456. To date 164 remain hospitalised in the Alpes Maritimes due to Covid 19 including 14 in intensive care. In the Var 170 people are in hospital of which 16 are in intensive care.
Beaches reopened to public – Beaches have officially opened from today Saturday 16th May, under certain regulations due to the coronavirus. In the Var and the Alpes Maritimes (for the Var a detailed map is available on our Facebook page) for the Alpes Maritimes openings are as follows:
– Antibes, 9h to 19h, all beaches.
– Cagnes sur Mer, 10h to 19h , all except Grand Large
– Cannes, 6h to 20h, All beaches and fishing permitted from 20h to 6h
– Cap D ail 8h to 17h , Plage Marquet
– Menton, 9h to 19h, Les Sablettes Ouest, Fossan, Careï et Borigo
– Nice, 7h to 22h , All beaches
– Roquebrune Cap Martin, 9h to 19h ,plage de Carnoles
– St Laurent du Var, 6h to 20h: Flots Bleus, Cousteau et Beauch Club, Landsberg et Vespin.
– Théoules: 8h to 19h, beaches Suveret, Château, Vallon de l’Autel, Petite Fontaine, Aiguille et la Figueirette.
– Vallauris, 10h to 13h and from 15h to 18h:beaches Soleil et Midi
– Villeneuve-Loubet, from 7h to 19h, beaches Centre Nautique, Figuière, Marina, Batterie, Maurettes et Vaugrenier
– Mandelieu la Napoule, 7h to 22h, all beaches.
Pollen – The pollen count across almost all of France has been classified as « high » and « very high » in both the south west and parts of the east.
Allergies to pollen are making a comeback with most of the country placed on an orange pollen alert by the National Aerobiological Monitoring Network including the Alpes Maritimes and the Var. 16 departments in the Southwest and 4 departments in the East, including the Rhône, have been placed on red alert. Orange corresponds to a « high » and red « very high » risk of allergy.
Nearly one in four French people are affected by respiratory allergies, half of which are due to pollens.
Italy plans to reopen borders – Italy has announced that it plans to reopen borders to EU tourists from June 3rd.
The Italian government will reopen its borders to EU tourists from June 3rd and cancel the mandatory quarantine for foreign visitors according to official sources.
The new measure was announced overnight from Friday to Saturday, following a Council of Ministers with the Italian Prime Minister, lasting almost ten hours. The government confirmed that it’s implementation will depend on the « health situation » at the time.
Euro million jackpot in France – This Friday, a winning grid won a jackpot at the Euromillions in France. More than 72 million euros.
A nice surprise as lockdown is easing in France, a winning grid was validated at Euromillions, with 7 correct numbers (5 numbers + 2 stars). It is the second time for this to happen in France this year.
The winning numbers were 11 23 32 34 39 and lucky stars 1 and 6 for 72.9 million euros.
Fête de la Musique to go ahead – France’s Minister of Culture has announced that the « Fête de la Musique » will go ahead on the first day of summer.
It will be a « great musical event » but « without taking any risks », assured Franck Riester on Friday.